Again this year it was time in early November for us to pack our bags and off to the USA. With a small booth together with Wesspur we were from 07.-09. November at the TCI Expo 2019, the largest trade fair for tree care. Wesspur is a West Coast USA dealer selling our products. The venue changes annually and this time the event was held in Pittsburgh, PA.
The trade fair is always a great opportunity for us to present our own products such as the treeAustria climbing harness, the Tango shoe series and the treeSave crown securing system.
There was a hall with more than 280 exhibitors and seminar rooms for various lectures, training and further education. Outside the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in the outdoor area arborists were able to participate in practice workshops.
Almost 6000 participants from all over the world were present at the TCI Expo. Of course, many great informative talks arose for us and new contacts were made. Not only for the visitors, but also for us there were many new things to discover.
We can already mention a few of these:
- The KEEPER by NEATFREAK, a storage system for the lanyard on the harness.
- A new climbing pants from SIP Protection (final color combination still open, but looks very good so ...)
- New throw-bags from FTC (french touch concept).
- New climbing rope flow from PETZL; with extra slim splice, so far only available in America.
- New carabiners of DMM, which are connected by a swivel.
The booth for next year is safe. Then it's time to go to Baltimore...